FORENSIC & PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES
Self-pay services billed at a rate of $200.00 an hour with a minimum billing unit of .25 hour
- Services include in-person consultation with attorneys, in-person consultation with other professionals, in-person interviews with relevant collateral contacts, psychological testing, initial assessment interviews, all expert testimony provided at any hearing, trial, deposition, arbitration, administrative proceeding or other similar matter.
- Services include records review, phone/e-mail consultation with attorneys, phone/e-mail consultation with other professionals, interviews via telephone with relevant collateral contacts, preparation of a written report, specialized research in the field of psychology and/or law as it pertains to the unique aspects of the case, review of depositions or other legal materials including investigative reports, charge sheets, information documents, and all relevant discovery.
- Travel time within the metropolitan Chicago area to and from clients’ home, school, or court will be billed at an hourly rate of $100. Travel outside of the metropolitan area will be billed at a flat rate of $2000 a day plus expenses (transportation, hotel accommodations and meals).
All expenses shall be at the responsibility of the party retaining Dr. Witherspoon.
- A retainer fee of $5000 is to be paid in advance for all custody cases and fees will be drawn against it. All other evaluation fees are due prior to, or at the time of service, at the discretion of Dr. Witherspoon. Fees must be paid in full before the evaluation report is released to the Court and attorneys.
Rates are based on negotiated amounts for contracts with agencies, schools, or insurance panels.
- Dr. Witherspoon understands that cancellations do occur. If an evaluation, deposition, court appearance, or any other appointment or meeting is scheduled by you, please cancel the appointment 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting to avoid a full fee charge.
- For every 30 days that a statement is late, an additional 2.5% interest will be added to the fees. If the bill must go to a collections agent, the agent’s fee will also be added to the original fees.
Third Party Payments
Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance:
- Insurance co-payments are due at the time of service. In addition, if your insurance deductible has not yet been met, you will be billed the full charge for services. As a service to you, we may bill your insurance. However, we cannot guarantee insurance coverage. Please be advised that in some instances, insurance companies refuse to pay for services for whatever reason. You are responsible for all fees not covered by your insurance. Certain information, including type of treatment, costs, dates, and providers, may be shared with your insurance company for reimbursement purposes.
Forms of payment accepted